Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Global Warming


Well this blog has nothing new to offer where as the idea behind writing this is to make people aware of the seriousness of the issue which was/is definitely ought to be taken seriously.

Needless to mention that global warming is here to stay. The extent of warming could range from 1.8* to 4* C. This will lead to water scarcity and drought as well as higher rainfalls and floods. And I don’t think I need to exemplify it to people who are in constant touch with at least the front page headline of any newspaper. Still exemplify it -----

The process of global warming cannot be reversed just like loss of biodiversity but it can be checked by measures that both rich and poor countries can adopt as the worst effected will be poorer countries even though the problem has been created by the rich. The two suggested way to put a check on this issue is “mitigation” and “adaptation” just like every another problem. Mitigation is a preventive action where as adaptation is a response to the ills that global warming would cause.


I was thinking if I have my grand grand Daughter/Son standing right in front of me and I have some chemical in my hand, spraying which will cause sure death whether I will do that? I was thinking for a while and then a loud reply came why are you even thinking? Of course not, no body would, unless until he has gone insane. But then looking at my bike silencer which was blowing black fumes I realized I was doing the same. Its just as I can’t see the direct impact as I am not gonna be alive to see my grand grand I can’t understand the severeness of the problem. We can’t but animals like polar beer are seeing the impact of mess we have created over here on earth and must be wondering why the heck god ever created humans? The people who claim to be pure vegetarian must think about this. Aren’t they killing animal in this way. Just because the animal is not being killed right in front of eyes doesn’t make the crime less severe.

If I go a bit in to technical details the gases which contribute to warming include methane, nitrous oxide, *.fluorocarbons. And if we listen to IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) which is an international body of over 3000 experts, The temperature of earth may increase between 1.8* to 4* C by 2100. so next doubt which was daunting my mind that whether arresting the release of aerosols and green house gasses (GHGs) can stop the temperature increase and other impacts? Answer was “NO”. Once emitted these gases stay in the atmosphere will stay for decades if not centuries. That means fire will take time to burn itself out assuming that no further fuel is added to it, which will be a daunting task.





But I do have good news also to share and that is in spite of energy use account for more than 80 percent of carbon dioxide emission worldwide, it is indeed good news that economic growth has been achieved while holding down the growth of CO2 emission. And that means effort is paying off. This blog is also one such effort. Please avoid aerosol product, buy only ozone friendly products. Try to avoid bikes and use as much public modes of transportation as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger